The College Library was founded in 1698 when Faculty members donated books for our first home at the Trongate in Glasgow. We have been collecting books both old and new ever since, and our collection of rare books stretches back to the 15th century. We hold many fine examples of important historical texts, with particularly strong representation in medicine, surgery, botany and materia medica from the 18th and 19th centuries. We also hold a collection of several thousand medical pamphlets from the 18th to the early 20th centuries. Most of the book collection can be found on our online catalogue and we regularly add new records to make our collections more discoverable.
Most of the book collection can be found on our Online Catalogue.