Skip to main content
At the royal college of Physicians
and surgeons of Glasgow

Advanced Search

Back Details
Home > Archives > Plans and elevations of Faculty building reconstruction

Dublin Core

Title

Plans and elevations of Faculty building reconstruction

Description

Plans, sections and elevations relating to interior reconstruction of the Faculty building at 242 St. Vincent Street, including plans for the Faculty Hall at the rear of the property.

The College moved into the oldest part of its current premises in 1862, and hired the architect John James Burnett (1857-1938) to make a series of additions and alterations to the building in 1892. This included the addition of the room now known as College Hall.

Creator

Burnet, John James (Scottish architect, 1857-1938)

Date

1892

Identifier

RCPSG/1/6/33/1-8

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

paper

Plans and elevations of Faculty building reconstruction

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

paper

Files

RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 1.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 2.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 3.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 4.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 5.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 6.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 7.jpg
RCPSG-1-6-33 - College Hall plans 8.jpg

Collection

Citation

Burnet, John James (Scottish architect, 1857-1938), “Plans and elevations of Faculty building reconstruction,” Heritage, accessed December 17, 2018, https://heritage.rcpsg.ac.uk/items/show/733.