Skip to main content
At the royal college of Physicians
and surgeons of Glasgow

Advanced Search

Back Details
Home > Museum and Artwork > Bloch Trust Sign

Dublin Core

Title

Bloch Trust Sign

Description

Pictured here is a metal sign mounted on wood for the Maurice Bloch Lecture Theatre at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. The white lettering reads ‘THIS LECTURE THEATRE WAS DONATED BY THE BLOCH TRUST AND OPENED BY SIR MAURICE BLOCH ON 29TH SEPTEMBER 1959.’

Sir Maurice Bloch (-1964) was the founder of the whisky blenders and brokers Bloch Brothers (Distillers) Ltd. Bloch sold the company in 1954 and later in 1956 set up the Maurice Bloch Trust. The trust hosted an annual lecture at the University of Glasgow, known as the Maurice Bloch Lectureship.

Date

c. 1959

Identifier

2003/76.7

Physical Object Item Type Metadata

Physical Dimensions

Length: 41.2 cm

Materials

Metal; Wood.

Bloch Trust Sign

Physical Object Item Type Metadata

Physical Dimensions

Length: 41.2 cm

Materials

Metal; Wood.

Files

Bloch Trust Sign

Collection

Citation

“Bloch Trust Sign,” Heritage, accessed September 24, 2022, https://heritage.rcpsg.ac.uk/items/show/1269.