Skip to main content
At the royal college of Physicians
and surgeons of Glasgow

Advanced Search

Search Results

Browse (3 items)

Your
  • Tags: Glasgow Lock Hospital

Directors of Glasgow Lock Hospital

Details

Dublin Core

Title

Directors of Glasgow Lock Hospital

Description

Excerpt from the College Minutes taking note of the directors of the Glasgow Lock Hospital.

Date

c. 1895

Identifier

RCPSG 1/1/12

Description

Excerpt from the College Minutes taking note of the directors of the Glasgow Lock Hospital.

Panoramic Video of Lock Room

Details

Dublin Core

Title

Panoramic Video of Lock Room

Description

This panoramic video shows the Lock Room of the College building on St Vincent Street. It was named after the Glasgow Lock Hospital for women with venereal diseases.

Description


Portrait of Sir Hector Clare Cameron (1843-1928)

Details

Dublin Core

Title

Portrait of Sir Hector Clare Cameron (1843-1928)

Description

Seated half-length against a dark background.

Cameron started his medical career studying at Edinburgh and then graduating from the University of Glasgow MB, CM in 1866. He gained his MD from the university in 1868.

He was taught by Joseph Lister as a medical student, going on to become his house surgeon and assistant at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. He was appointed Visiting Surgeon to the Infirmary in 1873.

Cameron then moved to the Glasgow Western Infirmary where he first acted as Visiting Surgeon in 1881, before taking over the position of Professor of Clinical Surgery at the Infirmary in 1900. He held several other positions during his career, which included working at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, the Glasgow Royal Asylum, the Glasgow Eye Infirmary and the Glasgow Lock Hospital.

Cameron served as President of the Faculty of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow from 1897 to 1900.

Date

20th century

Identifier

94

Physical Object Item Type Metadata

Physical Dimensions

95 x 89 cm

Materials

oil on canvas

Description

Seated half-length against a dark background.

Cameron started his medical career studying at Edinburgh and then graduating from the University of Glasgow MB, CM in 1866. He gained his MD from the university in 1868.

He was taught by Joseph Lister as a medical student, going on to become his house surgeon and assistant at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary. He was appointed Visiting Surgeon to the Infirmary in 1873.

Cameron then moved to the Glasgow Western Infirmary where he first acted as Visiting Surgeon in 1881, before taking over the position of Professor of Clinical Surgery at the Infirmary in 1900. He held several other positions during his career, which included working at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, the Glasgow Royal Asylum, the Glasgow Eye Infirmary and the Glasgow Lock Hospital.

Cameron served as President of the Faculty of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow from 1897 to 1900.


Search Again

Output Formats

atom, csv, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2