Skip to main content
At the royal college of Physicians
and surgeons of Glasgow

Advanced Search

Back Details
Home > Museum and Artwork > Seal Stamp from the Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Dublin Core

Title

Seal Stamp from the Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Description

Seal stamp, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow

The Royal Hospital for Sick Children was opened at Garnethill in December 1882 with 58 beds. A further 16 were added in 1887 when a house next door was converted into an annexe. By the 1900s the building could no longer cope with Glasgow’s growing population. In 1914, it moved to a new building at Yorkhill, giving the hospital its popular name. Fellows of the College were involved in the RHSC when it opened, for example Hector C. Cameron, William Macewen and William Leishman. The great historian of the College, James Finlayson, held the office of Physician to the hospital from 1883 to 1898 and on retiring was elected Consulting Physician.

Creator

D. Cunninghame, Die Sinker & c.

Date

c. 1900s

Identifier

2015/2.3

Physical Object Item Type Metadata

Physical Dimensions

6000x4000

Seal Stamp from the Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Physical Object Item Type Metadata

Physical Dimensions

6000x4000

Files

2015.2.3_seal stamp.jpg
2015.2.3_seal stamp 3.jpg
2015.2.3_seal stamp 7.jpg
2015.2.3_seal stamp 8.jpg

Collection

Citation

D. Cunninghame, Die Sinker & c. , “Seal Stamp from the Royal Hospital for Sick Children,” Heritage, accessed December 16, 2018, https://heritage.rcpsg.ac.uk/items/show/154.